5 Meaningful Ways to Celebrate Your Valentine
By Renee Leon
While many could claim that Valentine’s Day is a “hallmark” holiday meant to pressure people to prioritize spending $$$ on unnecessary gifts. This Valentine’s Day, consider expressing love and appreciation for the important people in your life while considering their Love Language! The 5 Love Languages is a popular book that many point to as helpful in strengthening both romantic and platonic relationships. The 5 love languages are words of affirmation, acts of service, quality time, gifts, and touch. https://www.5lovelanguages.com/
This year, identify the love languages of your Valentines and consider the following:
1. Words of Affirmation: cut out colored paper hearts and write out the qualities you love most or appreciate about them (I’ll be doing this for my kids this year; I’m going to plaster their bedroom doors with hearts). Or write a poem in iambic pentameter. Or a praise song!
2. Acts of Service: take their car to get washed or detailed or save money and do it yourself! Other service ideas include taking their car for needed service, cook them a special meal or treat, or take over a laborious chore they especially don’t enjoy.
3. Quality time: carve out time to do something they especially love. That can mean playing their favorite video game, start a puzzle with them, watch a favorite show, or going on their favorite hike. It can be anything they enjoy but be sure to turn off your phone and limit distractions that can pull your attention from them. Here’s a great example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA-AUXxn1q0
4. Gifts: Big or small, a thoughtful gift that expresses how much you know and love them will do the trick. Sure, some people LOVE chocolates and flowers, but be mindful of your Valentine’s individual interests with their gift.
5. Touch: Extra hugs, maybe a massage, a little hand holding can mean a lot. Make a point of touching your partner somewhere innocuous but personal every time you pass them. Gifting a therapeutic massage is another treat your Valentine may enjoy!
Celebrating your Valentine(s) doesn’t have to involve enormous gestures. By being mindful of how they best receive and give love is a gift in itself!
What’s New at the Shop
Our team is pushing through many of the same challenges as our customers. We often find parts out of stock or delayed. continued challenge of COVID has led to sick team members (and/or their family) which means we are occasionally understaffed. We are booking appointments a week in advance and sometimes have customers no-show because they found out they were exposed to COVID or tested positive (and THANK YOU to customers who took care not to expose us).
It’s just the reality we live in right now. We continue to clean the shop and wear masks to help protect one another and the many people in and out of our shop. You can still expect the same great service and we’ll be sure to communicate clearly and in as timely a manner as possible. Thank you for your support and patience!
We are HIRING! Join our team by visiting the link HERE
Save $$$ with our February Specials!
Never Miss Our Specials!
Celebrate Black History month at Town Center at Aurora and enjoy a fashion show brought to you by Black Pearl Entertainment. We are excited to welcome our special guest, Former Blackstreet singer Lenny Harold ! Enjoy entertainment, 15+ vendors, giveaways and more. Learn more HERE
This event will be held in Center Court between Macy's and Dillard's (Lower Level).
For questions or for information on how to get involved reach out to us at [email protected]
What Our Customers are SAYING about US
“Support local Business!! Highly recommended expert advice very professional I like their visual inspection very informative ” - John Q.
“Great service from a professional team.” - Sandy W.
Read all the reviews at https://auroraautopros.com/reviews
Don’t Forget our Referal Reward Program!
Refer a neighbor, friend, co-worker or relative as a first time customer for us and we'll give you get a credit of $50 towards any service! No limit on the number of referrals you can make! *Be sure to write your name on this coupon/card for your friend to present so we can credit YOUR account appropriately! *See shop for details and for individual referral cards.
What does someone who loves their car do on Valentine’s Day? ?
They give it a valenshine!
Cooking with the Aurora Auto Pros
Valentine Night Strawberries
- 20 fresh strawberries
- 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 T chopped walnuts
- 1.5 T confectioner’s sugar
- Dice two strawberries and set aside. Cut the stems off each of the remaining strawberries, forming a base for strawberries to stand on. Starting at the pointed ends and cutting most of the way, but not completely through the stem end, slice each strawberry into four wedges.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy; stir in the diced strawberries, walnuts, and powdered sugar. Spoon or pipe about a teaspoon of mix into each strawberry.
Cooking with the Aurora Auto Pros Original recipe. You can access original recipe Here
Let’s Stay Connected!
Please click on the icons to follow our social media accounts and stay up to date with current specials, news, and videos!
Supporting LOCAL Artists
Aurora AutoPros has been an Aurora Chamber member since their first year in business. Renee has gotten involved in various events and 3 years ago she became the Chair of the Arts + Business Connection committee. This year, Renee and her fellow committee members are inviting local artists to participate, free of charge, in monthly meetings. Help them spread the word!
Check out the new art installation at the Aurora Central Library by Aurora native artist David Ocelotl Garcia!