Brake Inspection in Aurora, CO
Brakes are essential for save driving. Most of us learned that at a young age while watching cartoons but the cartoons rarely highlighted the safe vehicles nor the drivers who had their brakes inspected regularly (at least once a year) and who paid close attention to any unusual sounds or sensations from the brake pedal!
The Car Care Council reminds motorists to look for the following warning signs that their brakes need to be inspected:
- Noise: screeching, grinding or clicking noises when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: vehicle pulls to one side while braking.
- Low Pedal: brake pedal nearly touches the floor before engaging.
- Hard Pedal: must apply extreme pressure to the pedal before brakes engage.
- Grabbing: brakes grab at the slightest touch to the pedal.
- Vibration: brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions.
- Light: brake light is illuminated on your vehicle's dashboard.
Our brake inspection involves checking the brake pedal, brake fluid, brake lines and hoses, as well as the brake assemblies. We take measurements of the front and rear brake pads, as well as the rotors and drums. We also make sure to test the emergency brake, which most folk rarely think about until an emergency! Depending on what we find, we will make recommendations and provide a clear estimate for you to approve before we do any repairs.
Stay safe with good brakes and have them checked before any grinding or squealing.